Thank you from your winner – Steve!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Steve to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what he said…

Firstly I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who voted for me over these past two weeks. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed meeting and chatting to all of you, and I wish you all the best in your future careers!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the students who took part. You are what made this competition what it is, and you managed to ask us such a diverse range of questions! We had everything from drug discovery and cancer to politics, philosophy and religion. Hopefully you’ve all learned something new, and now have an idea of what it’s like to be a scientist! Your curiosity is inspiring, so continue to ask questions and challenge everything you’re told. Remember, if you keep asking “why?” eventually you can ask “why not?” and that’s when the exciting stuff begins!

It was my pleasure to have been able to take part in I’m A Scientist, Get me out of here! The Drug Discovery Zone was a great place to be, with so many extremely enthusiastic and talented scientists of all types present. I would like to thank all of the other scientists for their help with answering the hugely diverse range of questions that we had, and for making the Drug Discovery Zone a great place to be! I think it’s safe to say that we’ve all learnt something during this competition! I wish you all the best with your research and future careers too.

I would also like to thank the organisers and moderators for all of their hard work and help over the past few weeks. This is a tremendously exciting competition, which helps to benefit both students, teachers and scientists alike. On behalf of all of us, I would like to thank you for making this competition what it was! It’s a great idea, and I wish you every success in the future.

I still cannot believe that I actually won, especially with such stiff competition! I promised the people a website where they can find more information out about the different research projects available to them when they are choosing what subjects to take, and that’s what I shall try to deliver! Hopefully when you come round to choosing your A-Level subjects / degree courses, you have more of an idea where taking chemistry or biology can lead you than I did! So watch this space… I shall make sure you are all informed when the project is complete!

I took part in this competition because I wanted to help educate and inspire you, the future generations to study science and help tackle the many problems we face in the future. I hope I’ve gone some way to achieving this. Taking part in this competition has reminded me why I love science, and I shall return to my research with renewed enthusiasm!

So one last thank you to everyone who took part: students, scientists, teachers, moderators and organisers. I’ve really enjoyed the past few weeks, and I hope you have too. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Posted on November 22, 2016 modmichaela in News | Leave a comment