Let’s meet the scientists and schools taking part…
Steven Street | PhD Student, University of Bristol
I am making new cancer drugs out of sugar that stick to DNA and kill healthy cells less than other cancer drugs!
Oliver Charity | PhD Student, The Institute of Food Research
I use viruses to kill bacteria.
Jenny Batson | Exonate, Cambridge
I manage a biology research team, perform experiments, write papers and present data at meetings to develop new drugs for things like eye disease and cancer.
Hannah Bolt | PhD Student, Durham University
I make new medicines and antibiotics to treat a nasty tropical disease called Leishmaniasis, that is caused by parasites.
Eleni Vikeli | PhD Student, John Innes Centre
I am searching for new antibiotics from bacteria that grow on the surface of ants!
- Aith Junior High School, Shetland
- Aquinas College, Cheshire
- Bexleyheath Academy, Kent
- Bingley Grammar School, Yorkshire
- Brayton High School, Yorkshire
- Bristol Technology and Engineering Academy, Bristol
- Cansfield High School, Lancashire
- Caroline Chisholm School, Northamptonshire
- Coopers School, Kent
- Dalry Primary School, Ayrshire
- Greensward College, Essex
- John F Kennedy Catholic School, Hertfordshire
- Ormiston Maritime Academy, Lincolnshire
- Saint Benedict, Derbyshire
- St Martin in the Fields High School for Girls, London
- The Charter School, London
- The Leigh UTC, Kent
This zone is funded by the Royal Society of Chemistry.